This morning I woke up and on Facebook I found that my SWTOR guildie Xam Xam from the blog ‘Xam Xam Says‘ (defiantly a great read btw) has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you very much Xami for the nomination and recognition.
I had no idea what this Liebster Award is so I asked the great Google and found the details at the Wording Well. Eleven random facts, eleven questions asked by the one who nominated me and nominating others *gulp*. Time to find some blogging friends.
The Eleven Facts about Greywatcher
- I am currently studying my Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) in New Zealand.
- I am a gardener – I plan to extend on this hobby by the end of the year by studying the Certificate in Horticulture. It’s a hobby I find rewarding and relaxing.
- I am a gamer – console, pc, table top or war-gaming. My brother’s got me into Advanced D&D when I was ten and ever since I have been playing systems like it. My favourite would be Vampire the Masquerade (3rd Edition) and the Dragon Age System though in the past few years I have also played Serenity, Star Wars Saga, D&D (4th Edition) and Paranoia.
- My first MMO was Istaria/Horizons. I played it for a good two years before heading off to play WoW. I still float back every now and then to gain a level, see what’s changed and fly around on my dragon.
- I am currently learning another language: Te reo Māori.
- I have been with my husband for ten years this September (married for 6 years).
- I am spiritual, it comes across in my poetry yet I don’t follow any set religions.
- Some of the music I listen to: Within Temptation, Blacklistt/Blindspot, Jack off Jill, Lacuna Coil, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Sia, Dropkick Murphys, Dire Straits, Nirvana and Green Day.
- I love musicals, it’s a guilty pleasure. Granted I do not live in an area that has many musicals I see them when I can or I just hire out a DVD of a musical and watch that.
- I grew up on a farm and moved into town when I was about 13.
- Bill Hicks is one of my favourite comedians.
The Questions Asked by Xami
- What is the one food you could not live without? Bacon. Love it.
- Have you played any other MMO’s besides SWTOR? Istaria (2 years), WoW (BC – WotLK), City of Heroes and City of Villains (1 year on/off), EQ2 (half a year), ESO (current though playing casually), Dark Age of Camelot (half a year), Defiance (casually).
- Which Star Wars Movie is your favourite? If I have to pick one it would be Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Been a while since I’ve seen it though, planning to go watch them again with the kids before The Force Awakens comes out.
- Dark Side or Light Side? Grey? Lol. Mostly I tend to play Light Sided characters.
- If you could travel anywhere on Earth, where would you go? Can I post my list? Scotland, Ireland, France, Prague, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece… hell all around Europe. Mainly to see historical places.
- What other hobbies do you have besides gaming and blogging? Gardening and roleplaying games ^^
- What is your favourite planet in the Star Wars Universe? My most memorable one would be Naa Shaddaa. In one of our Star Wars Saga roleplaying games our mission to find a bounty on this planet and we had no idea the rotation of the planet was so long – long story short our characters did a lot of drinking and gambling until our DM decided we had suffered long enough and skipped ahead to daytime so we could go find our bounty arriving at the location we were told he would be at. No doubt if we were move creative/intelligent/had good dice rolls we could have found another way…
- What was your favourite childhood toy or game? I had three older brothers and growing up on a farm a lot of the time we were told to go play outside. So we would make wooden swords, bows and arrows and go play war. Also building tree huts or mazes out of the haybales.
- When creating a character in any game, do you always play as your own gender or does is it not a major consideration for you? I tend to always make females as I feel I can connect better with the character and get into the story more. I make males if the female version is not that great or I want to experience that particular story as a male.
- If you could pick one feature (add on’s, minigame etc.) to add into SWTOR that is not in the game currently or, improve a current feature in the game, what would it be? PvP maps that keep in line with the story of the game – more and better ones. I would take a page from First Person Shooters or war-games and use objectives like they have – freeing/keeping hostages, planting/defusing bombs in open areas, defending/capturing supplies, and escorting/capturing important people.
- If you could pick any colour crystal for your lightsaber (or assault cannon, blaster pistols etc.), what would it be? No idea, something that went well with dark purple – dark purple/grey or dark purple/navy blue.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
Sadly I haven’t really been out there with my blogging and know/follow too many bloggers so feel I cannot nominate the full 5+. I will nominate one writer who I am following though, whose writings I have found to be creative and a great read:
Aortgue: his blog can be found here.
Eleven Questions for my Nominees
Why did you decide to start blogging?
What are your influences for writing?
Who is your favourite author and why?
What other hobbies do you have?
If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
If you could have anything you wanted what would it be?
If you could be a fly on the wall and witness a point in time, what would you witness?
What type of music do you listen to?
Longest you have stayed awake?
What is your favourite word and why?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thank you all for reading – thank you again Xami for the nomination, this was good fun.
Happy reading ^^